As EKAW 2018 in Nancy (https://project.inria.fr/ekaw2018/) is approaching, we are starting the process for the organization of the next EKAW edition. We would kindly ask you to consider submitting a proposal to host and organize the 22nd EKAW Conference in 2020.
First held in 1987 and currently in its 21st edition, EKAW represents the main European forum for presenting the latest research in knowledge management and knowledge engineering. The EKAW conference is held every two years and is closely linked to the parallel series of K-Cap conferences in North America.
Typically, EKAW traditionally features a main conference single track as well as poster and demonstration tracks in addition to a Doctoral Consortium and a workshop and tutorial program (as this is indeed the case this year).
The duties of the General Chair(s) are to oversee the organization of the whole conference including financial administration, registration, local organization, program, publication of proceedings etc.
There is no budget available for organizing an EKAW conference, so that each edition has to self-finance itself through registration fees and sponsoring.
The EKAW steering committee (https://ekaw.org/) welcomes proposals until November 1st 2018, to be sent to the current conference chairs:
Amedeo Napoli (Amedeo.Napoli@loria.fr) and Yannick Toussaint (Yannick.Toussaint@loria.fr).
Please use “Bid for EKAW 2020” as subject of your email.
We also ask applicants to email the EKAW 2018 chairs as soon as possible, notifying them of their intention to submit a bid for the organization of EKAW 2020.
The proposal should include:
* Name, affiliation and short CV of General Chair(s)
* Specification of the complete team that will run the conference and envisioned distribution of roles (PC Chair(s), Workshop Chair(s), Tutorial Chair(s), etc.).
* Indication of a place and venue for the conference.
* Possible dates for the conference (October / November 2020).
* Indication of experience of the organizers in running scientific events.
* Description of local support, infrastructure and other resources in the institution of the organizers that will contribute to the organization of the conference.
* Information about traveling to the venue, accommodation, etc.
* Preliminary budget.
At least one proponent of the bid should come to EKAW 2018 to discuss the proposal with the steering committee.
Amedeo Napoli and Yannick Toussaint.