The Workshop will be held at the Convention Center of Inria Rennes-Bretagne-Atlantique, located on the campus of the University of Rennes 1 (Campus de Beaulieu), east of Rennes.
To get there from the town center, you can:
- walk (about 30 minutes);
- take a bus (more information on the site of the Star (Service of Transport AutoRoutier of Rennes Métropôle);
- take a VéloStar (more information on the site of the Velo Star);
- or take a taxi (about 15 euros).
This map shows how to get to the Inria Rennes – Bretagne Atlantique center from the “Tournebride” bus stop (lines C4 and C6, about every 10 minutes from and to the town center, “Place de la République”).
How to get to Rennes
High speed trains (TGV, Train Grande Vitesse) call at Rennes from Paris, Lille or Lyon on a daily basis. On average there are
- 20 TGV Paris, Montparnasse – Rennes (~ 1h25)
- 3 TGV Roissy, Charles de Gaulles airport – Rennes (~ 2h20)
- 3 TGV Lille – Rennes (~ 3h05)
- 2 TGV Lyon – Rennes (~ 3h45)
For more information, see the Voyage SNCF website.
Attention: Remember to compost your train ticket at one of the machines on the platform before getting on it.
It takes about 20/25 minutes to reach the Inria Rennes – Bretagne Atlantique center from the train station, whether by public transport (underground and bus) or taxi.
There are about 20 daily flights from French or European cities to Rennes. Dinard airport (located 70km north of Rennes) is connected daily to London Stansted by Ryanair.
From the airport, you have two options to reach the Inria Rennes – Bretagne Atlantique center:
- By Taxi: this is the simplest way. The journey to the Beaulieu campus costs about 20 €. If needed, you can order order a taxi at Taxi Rennais, one of the city’s taxi booking services: +33 2 99 30 79 79.
- By Bus: line # 57 connects Rennes – St Jacques airport to the center of Rennes. Between 6:50 and 19:45, there is an average of 1 bus every hour. In busy times, there is a bus every 10 to 15 minutes. The stops “Pommerais” and “Abbé Grimault” are located at 800m from the airport. Take line # 57 towards République and then change to another bus (typically lines C1 or C4).