- computable guaranteed bound on the error reduction factor (ratio of the errors between two successive hp refinements);
- homogeneous Neumann local problems via mixed finite elements to obtain error upper bound;
- homogeneous Dirichlet local problems via conforming finite elements for hp decision;
- hp-adaptive strategy with numerically exponential convergence rates;
- inexact algebraic solver taken into account.
Details: Ph.D. thesis of Patrik Daniel, Ph.D. defense presentation; paper with Patrik Daniel, Alexandre Ern, and Iain Smears (preprint), paper with Patrik Daniel and Alexandre Ern (preprint), see also presentation