Downloading the data
This page explains how to download the audio files and the scripts used to generate synthetic soundscapes. Three different scenario can be considered.
User who just wants to download dcase2019 dataset
tar -xzvf DESED_synth_dcase2019.tar.gzto extract it.
User who wants to reproduce dcase2019 dataset
- Clone the repo github (https://github.com/turpaultn/DESED)
- Follow the instructions in
- Be careful, the distortions done on Matlab are up to you to create, it will be updated later to do it in python. For now, if you do not want to create them, uncomment corresponding lines in `create_dcase2019_dataset.sh` to download the eval set to get the distortions data.
User who wants to create new synthetic data
tar -xzvf DESED_synth_soundbank.tar.gzto extract it.
python get_background_training.pyto download SINS background files.
- See examples of code to create files in the repo github in
synthetic/src. Described in Generating new synthetic data.
Generating new synthetic data
Examples of how to generate new sounds in the same way as the Desed_synthetic dataset:
event_occurences_train.jsonfor co-occurrence of events.
generate_eval_FBSNR.pygenerates similar subsets with different foreground-background sound to noise ratio (fbsnr): 30dB, 24dB, 15dB, 0dB. Uses
event_occurences_eval.jsonfor occurence and co-occurrence of events.
generate_eval_var_onset.pygenerates subsets with a single event per file, the difference between subsets is the onset position:
- Onset between 0.25s and 0.75s.
- Onset between 5.25s and 5.75s.
- Onset between 9.25s and 9.75s.
generate_eval_long_short.pygenerates subsets with a long event in the background and short events in the foreground, the difference beteen subsets is the FBSNR: 30dB, 15dB, 0dB.
generate_eval_distortion.pygenerates distortion subsets, not yet in python, see
generate_eval_distortion.mfor matlab code (will be updated later).
When a script is generating multiple subfolder but only one csv file, it means it is the same csv for the different cases. Example: when modifying the FBSNR, we do not change the labels (onset, offsets).
Note: The training soundbank can be divided in a training/validation soundbank if you want to create validation data
Class-wise statistics for in terms of isolated events.
|Development set||Evaluation set|