- Comin Labs: 1 PhD sudent (ARED + CominLabs)
- Specific b<>com resources: 1 PhD student
Main important results
- First investigations have been led in terms of theoretical performance analysis of large-scale MIMO systems taking into account spatially clustered and ray-based channel representations according to the recognized typology of mmWave channels, namely from WP3 studies.
- Following the same general idea of geometrical channel modelling, new efficient and low complexity beamforming strategies and resource allocation algorithms have then been proposed.
- In addition, as a practical application case of mmWave communications, specific studies combining mmWave massive MIMO with spatial modulation concepts have been conducted thereby leading to new theoretical performance results.
- Integration of channel measurements using the 60 GHz RF front-end developed during the project
- Integration of practical channel estimation algorithms and user tracking in mobility scenarios