For this workshop we welcome original work, presenting state of practice and state of the art and covering different aspects of resource arbitration, thread placement, and resource management at the system level for parallel applications on multicore systems. We will also welcome surveys, position papers or standardization proposal. The workshop will cover the following topics :
- Topology abstractions;
- Cache partitioning;
- Energy management;
- Thread management across software components;
- Memory allocation and partitioning;
- Hierarchical and heterogeneous memory;
- Communication progression;
- Containers for improved resource management;
- Software defined networking;
- Cross-layer optimization;
- High-level abstractions to partition resources;
- Runtime system/language/library interaction;
- Parallel programming model coordination;
- Library cooperation;
- Resource conflicts between application components;
- Resource interference in the context of single workloads.
- Emmanuel Jeannot, Inria
- Pete Beckman, Argonne Ntl Lab
- Swann Perarnau, Argonne Ntl Lab
Program Committee (Tentative):
- Dorian Arnold, Emory University.
- Siegfried Benkner, University of Vienna.
- George Bosilca, Univ Of Tennessee.
- Hal Finkel, Argonne Ntl Lab.
- Karl Fuerlinger, LMU, München.
- Balazs Gerofi, U. Tokyo – Riken.
- Brice Goglin, Inria.
- Raymond Namyst, Univ. Of Bordeaux.
- Stephen Olivier, Sandia Ntl Lab.
- Tapasya Patki, Lawrence Livermore Ntl Lab.
- Marc Perache, CEA.
- Swann Perarnau, Argonne Ntl Lab.
- Rolf Riesen, Intel.
- Sameer Shende, U. of Oregon.
- Christian Terboven, RTW Aachen.
How to submit
Papers, in PDF format should be submitted through easychair here. Papers must be formatted the same way as IPDPS papers : submitted manuscripts may not exceed ten (10) single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5×11 inch pages (IEEE conference style), including figures, tables, and references. The IEEE conference template that can be found here.
Submission deadline: Feb 1st Feb. 7, 2020 (AOE).
Author Notification: March 12, 2020.
Workshop Date: Monday May 18, 2020.
Camera ready: March 18, 2020.