We invite submissions in the form of regular papers and invited papers / posters.
Researchers should submit one of:
- Regular paper (4-8 pages) reporting original research or proposing perspectives for future directions.
- Invited paper or poster (1 page abstract) reporting relevant work already published in other venues or early stage work that is not yet ready for presentation as a full paper.
Authors should select the appropriate track for their papers, either WICED or Cinemotions.
Despite the name, “invited” papers and posters are not invitation – only – if you have relevant work that you would like to present in this category, please submit an abstract.
Your paper should be formatted using the EG library LaTeX template.
If you want to contribute to the our workshop, please submit your paper via EasyChair.
Topics of Interest
Datasets: for video analysis, user understanding, and automated media production systems
WICED topics of interest
- Camera path planning and visibility
- Interactive and automatic camera control
- Automatic video editing
- Movie pre-vizualization
- Game cinematics, cinematic replays, and machinima
- Virtual reality and augmented reality movie making
- Immersive and interactive cinema
- Natural user interfaces for cinematography and video editing
- Expressive performance of virtual characters
- Cognitive models of film perception
- Automatic video analysis of movies
- Re-cinematography, re-lighting and re-framing of live-action video
- Computer-assisted multi-camera production
- Evaluation methodologies and user experience
- Analysis of film style
Cinemotions topics of interest
We are seeking papers that include, but are not limited to, the following topics, applied to the context of movies:
- Affective computing / emotion AI
- Multimodal affect recognition (facial expression recognition (FER), speech processing, scene analysis…)
- Perceptual and attentional impact
- Audience-centred video processing
- Physiological measures of viewer experience and engagement
- Movie analysis through the lens of emotions
- Virtual, augmented, mixed, and extended reality (VR, AR, MR, XR) applications
- Emotion-based classification and visualization of scenes