Former research axes
CominLabs activities were initially divided into seven research axes related to societal challenges:
- Digital environment for the citizen
- User centric images and media of the future
- ICT for personalized medicine
- Neural coding
- Energy and resource efficiency in ICT
- The social web
- Security and privacy
Research topics and goals
Then, with the successive calls for research projects, several clusters of research topics arose, and we decided in 2015 to organize CominLabs activities into tracks corresponding to these clusters. Three tracks were defined: ICT for Health, Security and Privacy, Communication. With tracks, we want to capitalize on the skills developed and on the project results to pursue the following goals:
- Strong and distinctive competencies of CominLabs must be put forward
- The transforming and structuring effect of CominLabs must be made explicit and further exploitable
- The scientific animation must be structured to be effective and to generate new projects
- Further software development and complementary work must be supported to make industrial transfer or start-up emergence possible
- International extension must be explored.
With the five-year extension (2020-2024), we have updated the tracks and the scientific activities of CominLabs are now organized into five tracks.
Information on projects can be found by clicking on each track box below.
People in charge of these five tracks are respectively Cédric Quendo (LabSTICC, UBO), Valérie Viet Triem Tong (IRISA, CentraleSupelec), Elisa Fromont (IRISA, University of Rennes 1), Guy Carrault (LTSI, University of Rennes 1), and Colin de la Higuera (LS2N, University of Nantes).
Information on call for projects
Information on call for projects 2022