Damaris is currently built and compiled by JetBrains Clion. The good news about the CLion IDE is that:
- It supports CMake build files out of the box. So there is no need to change Damaris for IDE support.
- Its license is free for educational purposes. It is also free for open source projects.
- It is available for all platforms, i.e. Windows, MacOSX and Linux.
In order to build Damaris using CLion, it is necessary to do the following steps:
- Make sure that the ~/local/bin is in your PATH environment variable. CLion needs this path for finding mpicc and mpicxx compilers.
- Make sure that the ~/local/lib path is included in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. This path is required for finding some shared dependent libraries such as Xercess.
You can use a simple bash script to update these two variables and then run CLion. Here is a sample:
1 2 3 4
#! /bin/bash export PATH=$PATH:/home/hadi/local/bin export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/hadi/local/lib sh /clion/clion-2016.1.2/bin/clion.sh