EPCC Saline Royale
Besançon (35km) and Dôle (30km)
The Saline is at a walking distance of the Arc-et-Senans (regional) train station, so once in France or in a close country (Switzerland, Belgium, Germany), access by train is recommended (transiting via Besançon or Dôle). In any case, when preparing your travel please prefer the train option rather than the plane option whenever possible.
Coming by train (recommended)
- Regional train station of Arc-et-Senans at 100m. See regional trains
- Direct high-speed train (TGV) from Paris (2h20) and from Lausanne (1h30), direct regional train (TER) from Lyon (2h20). Check the SNCF website
For instance, from Paris, the three following itineraries are possible:
- Option 1: From Paris center by train via Dôle (easiest)
- High-speed train (TGV) from Paris-Gare-de-Lyon to Dôle (2 hours)
- Regional train (TER) from Dôle to Arc-et-Senans (20 minutes)
- Option 2: From Paris center by train via Besançon
- High-speed train (TGV) from Paris (Gare de Lyon) to Besançon Franche-Comté (2 hours)
- Bus/coach from Besançon Franche-Comté to Besançon-Viotte
- Regional train (TER) from Besançon-Viotte to Arc-et-Senans (20 minutes)
- Option 3: From Paris center by train and then taxi
- High-speed train (TGV) from Paris (Gare de Lyon) to Gare de Mouchard (1 per day)
- Taxi from Mouchard to la Saline. Taxi has to be booked a few days before (course ~20€), ask us for contact details if you need a taxi.
Coming by plane
Mulhouse-Basel, Geneva, Dôle/Tavaux and Lyon. From any of these airports, the easiest to access la Saline is by train.
Coming by car
A36 exit Gendrey/Saline royale, A39 exit Poligny.
A free parking is available at a walking distance (50m) of the Saline.