Date and location
- May 27, 2022
- Philadelphia, USA (possibly hybrid event depending on the Covid crisis)
- ICRA 2022
- Room 120 A
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/2317346516?pwd=Nm4yYzA5N1k1M1ZZZlEzUHc0WFowZz09
This workshop addresses the topic of wearable robotic devices for human assistance and augmentation, for occupational applications. Wearable systems and exoskeletons are receiving increased attention from fields such as rehabilitation and industry, owing to their potential to address protect, augment,and restore human physical capacities. However those robots work in tight physical interaction with the human. Understanding and anticipating the human behavior during such interactions is therefore needed to design efficient, intuitive and comfortable devices. The purpose of this workshop is then to present the state of the art and challenges all along the design chain, including: i) human cognitive and motor behavior with and without augmentation devices, ii) implementation of such knowledge to human-centered design and control of robotic assistive devices, and iii) end-users’ needs, evaluation and feedback.
This workshop brings together experts in motor and cognitive neuroscience and wearable robots in order to foster a fruitful and multi-disciplinary discussion. By providing a platform for top researchers from these communities to share heir work, we aim to inspire cross-discipline collaboration and motivate the use of more integrated research approaches that are needed for safe, efficient, and intuitive robotic assistance in real-world applications.
Topics of interest
- Physical human-robot collaboration
- Human motor and neuromuscular control
- Cognitive aspects of human-robot collaboration
- Physiology and biomechanics of human movement
- Human adaptation and learning
- Human performance augmentation
- Design and control of robotic assistive devices
- Evaluation of robotic assistive devices
- Wearable systems
- Supernumerary limbs
The workshop consists of 8 invited talks (25 min each including 5 min for Q&A), 2 sessions with presentations of selected contributions (posters, oral presentations and/or videos), and a panel discussion (45 min).
Support from RAS Technical Committees
- Human-Robot Interaction and Coordination
- Collaborative Automation for Flexible Manufacturing
- Cognitive Robotics
- Wearable Robotics
This workshop has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No. 731540 (An.Dy) and No. 871237 (SOPHIA), from the European Research Council program under grant agreement No. 850932 (Ergo-Lean), and from the French ANR program under grant agreement No. ANR-20-CE33-0004 (ROOIBOS).