The intended audience is intermediate graduate students (students with a Masters degree, Ph.D. students, or equivalent).
Application deadline: February 8, 2019.
We invite graduate students from disciplines related to the topic of the school (mathematical sciences, computing sciences, or a domain science with a computational science and engineering focus), to apply. Our mission is to increase diversity and we encourage students from under-represented groups to apply. Attendance will be restricted to about 40 well-qualified participants, who will be selected based on the submitted application documents.
In order to apply, please send the following documents, all written in English and combined into a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter describing your experience and motivation to take part in G2S3 2019 (2 pages max.)
- A short CV (2 pages max.)
- A transcript containing relevant classes you attended (only course titles and grades)
- One letter of recommendation from your advisor, to be sent separately to email@example.com using the email subject [G2S3 Reference]: last name, first name.
In addition, the applicants should provide specific forms of evidence in their materials of the following:
- Prior relevant research in any of the topic areas of the summer school OR in related areas
- their interest in learning about multiple topic areas (e.g., a student from computational statistics has applications that require scaling to large-scale parallel computers)
- description of collaborative or interdisciplinary projects or work
- description of software and programming background.
Please use the following email subject: [G2S3 Application]: last name, first name.
Applying for Financial Support
The generous sponsorship from SIAM makes it possible that all selected participants will have their lodging and meals covered by the school. In addition, we will reimburse reasonable travel costs upon application. If you require travel support, then please submit a brief statement indicating the expected amount with your application. A request of funding will not influence the decision on admission to the school.