INSTALLING FROM BINARIES (v19.04)
In these binaries you will find a compiled version of SOFA with the SoftRobots, SoftRobots.Inverse, STLIB and ModelOrderReduction plugins. Some tutorials are included with the binaries. You will need to install python2.7 and numpy to be able to run them.
The SOFA binary is located in the bin/ subdirectory. First steps tutorials for soft-robotics are available in:
- plugins/SoftRobots/docs/tutorials/FirstSteps - plugins/SoftRobots/docs/tutorials/Tripod
Other examples, more general, are available in:
- share/sofa/examples - plugins/*/docs/examples
The SOFA’s users documentation is at this address: https://www.sofa-framework.org/community/doc/
If you have any question please join the SOFA community in the dedicated forums: https://www.sofa-framework.org/community/forum/
INSTALLING FROM SOURCE CODE
Step 1: Download SOFA
Get the latest version of SOFA from its dedicated git repository and follow the SOFA download page to build the framework. The plugin follows the unstable version of SOFA:
git clone -b master https://github.com/sofa-framework/sofa.git sofa/master/src/
Step 2: Download SoftRobots plugin
1. Get the latest version of the SoftRobots plugin from its dedicated git repository:
git clone https://github.com/SofaDefrost/SoftRobots
2. SOFA uses the CMake build system and requires at least version 2.8.8. You can now create a build directory for SOFA and the plugin using the CMake gui, if not already done.
3. In the CMake gui, add the plugin path to SOFA_EXTERNAL_DIRECTORIES.
Step 3: Download SoftRobots.Inverse plugin
The “Inverse Problem” part of the plugin is not publicly available yet. Only the team members have access to the git repository. Please contact us if you are interested in trying this feature. The SoftRobots.Inverse has a dependency to SoftRobots plugin, then to use the inverse feature you should download both plugins.
1. Get the latest version of the SoftRobots.Inverse plugin from its dedicated git repository:
git clone email@example.com:defrost/SoftRobots.Inverse.git
2. In the CMake gui, add the plugin path to SOFA_EXTERNAL_DIRECTORIES.
Step 4: Build
Follow the build instructions with respect to your OS: