Welcome to the home page of QuiX-Tool Suite. The QuiX-Tool Suite provides tools to process XML streams and documents. Stream means the XML input is processed event by event like in SAX interface. The QuiX-Tool Suite is based on early algorithms: query answers are delivered as soon as possible and all pratical cases at the earliest time point.
What is the QuiX-Tool Suite?
The QuiX-Tool Suite provides an implementation of the main XML standart over streams. XPath, XSLT, XQuery and XProc are W3C standarts while Schematron is an ISO one:
Why quering XML streams?
Stream-based processing overcomes pitfalls of the traditional in memory processing:
- Documents can be too big to be stored in main memory, as in DOM. Indeed, a document could potentially load hundreds of MB of data, risking a MemoryException being thrown if too much is loaded! A stream takles this problem since it model a document as a suite of events. So XML data will not be loaded at the same time.
- Monitoring unbounded XML streams: in streaming applications, querying engines find output events of interest or compute real-time analytics.
- Filter before distribute: filters select information before being distributed to the subscribers.
- Processed before the full data is retrieved: in a validation process, send error messages as soon as possible. Do not wait that the validator recieved the end of the stream.
- Pipelined processing: send the output of one step of pipeline to next one with an XML stream. XProc is an example of pipeline langage for XML.