Create, play, experiment, discover: revealing the experimental power of virtual worlds
ECAL, the European Conference on Artificial Life, is a biennial scientific gathering supported by the International Society for Artificial Life (ISAL).
Best paper award
The best paper award was granted to Nick Moran and Jordan Pollack, for their work on the “Effects of Cooperative and Competitive Coevolution on Complexity in a Linguistic Prediction Game“.
The four finalists were:
- Milan Jelisavcic, Rafael Kiesel, Kyrre Glette, Evert Haasdijk and A. E. Eiben. Analysis of Lamarckian Evolution in Morphologically Evolving Robots
- Emily Dolson and Charles Ofria. Spatial resource heterogeneity creates local hotspots of evolutionary potential
- Nick Moran and Jordan Pollack. Effects of Cooperative and Competitive Coevolution on Complexity in a Linguistic Prediction Game
- Iñaki Fernández Pérez, Amine Boumaza and François Charpillet. Learning Collaborative Foraging in a Swarm of Robots using Embodied Evolution
Best poster award
The best poster award was granted to Peter Aaser, Martinius Knudsen, Ola Huse Ramstad, Rosanne van de Wijdeven, Stefano Nichele, Ioanna Sandvig, Gunnar Tufte, Ulrich Stefan Bauer, Øyvind Halaas, Sverre Hendseth, Axel Sandvig and Vibeke Valderhaug, for their work entitled “Towards Making a Cyborg: A Closed-Loop Reservoir-Neuro System“.
- The main proceedings are online!
- The booklet of late-breaking abstracts is online!
- The programme of the 4th ISAL Summer School (Sept 4th) is online.
- Poster guidelines: maximum size A0 (841 x 1189 mm), portrait orientation. We will provide bulldog clips to hang them.
- A provisional schedule can be found here.
- Accepted workshops and tutorials are online.
- Tutorial submission deadline: February 8th, 2017
- Workshop submission deadline: February 15th , 2017
- Tutorial & Workshop notification of acceptance: March 8th, 2017
- Paper submission:
April 9th, 2017April 16th, 2017 (midnight any time zone)
- Author notification:
May 12th, 2017May 19th, 2017
- Camera-ready due:
June 9th, 2017June 12th, 2017
- Late-breaking abstract submission deadline: June 12th, 2017
- Conference: 4 – 8 September 2017