Please be aware that citizens from certain countries may require a visa to enter France. If unsure, check with a French embassy or consulate. Additional information can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In case you need an invitation letter, please contact us.
There are several trains (TGV) on a typical week day from Paris, Lille and Lyon to Rennes. In the following is listed the number of round trips and journey times with a TGV (high speed train):
- 20 TGV Paris, Montparnasse train station (Paris – West) – Rennes (1h30)
- 3 TGV Roissy, Charles de Gaulles airport – Rennes (2h15)
- 3 TGV Lille – Rennes (3h25)
- 2 TGV Lyon – Rennes (4h00)
For more information see the French SNCF Railway server.
From Rennes-St Jacques airport there are 22 direct daily flights to/from French and European towns.
To reach downtown from the airport:
- Taxi : It is strongly advised to book a taxi directly from the airport, at daytime, the trip to the campus / downtown is about 20 €.
- Bus : line #57 links St-Jacques to Rennes city center. Buses run from 6h50 to 19h45 about once an hour and every 10-15 minutes during the rush hours. Bus stops “Pommerais” or “Abbé Grimault” are 800 meters away from the airport in the St-Jacques village. (travel time around 20 min.) The terminus of that line 57 is Rennes downtown.
Another possibility: From Dinard Airport (70 km from Rennes) there are daily flight to/from Great Britain.